Medical Billing & Coding Program
Train as a Medical Billing & Coding Professional. Prepare to Pursue a Career Contributing to Health & Wellness.
Medical Billing and Coding professionals provide an essential service to the healthcare industry, while often working from calm and comfortable office environments. Professionals in this field typically have little or no direct contact with patients.
Medical Billing and Coding professionals create and manage important medical documentation. Accurate records created by professionals in this field ensure that patients receive the best care and the proper insurance.
If you're looking for a professional office career that offers meaningful, rewarding work opportunities, our Medical Billing and Coding Program could be an excellent career path for you.
Program Offered At: Upper Darby Campus
*Programs may vary by campus.
Duties of a Medical Billing & Coding Professional:
- Record Medical History & Data
- Process Medical Records
- Review Insurance Claims
- Compile Patient Documentation & Treatment Information
- Identify & Code Patient Data
- Fill Out Government & Business Forms
- Use Computer To Enter, Access & Retrieve Data
- Use and Recognize Anatomy, Medical and Pharmacological Terms for Accurate Coding and Processing
- Post Medical Insurance Billings
Career Opportunities for Trainined Medical Billing & Coding Professionals
Professional Medical Billing and Coding specialists may work in a variety of medical environments, including:
- Doctor's Offices
- Medical Clinics
- Medical Labs
- Insurance Offices
- Medical Billing Companies
With experience in this field you may even be able to work from home.
Training in Medical Billing & Coding
Graduates of this program could enter the professional world with confidence after gaining plenty of hands-on experience using actual Medical Billing and Coding procedures and equipment. Our experienced instructors know exactly what you need to succeed in the professional setting. You'll receive training in the following important areas:
- Records Management & Insurance Coding
- Insurance Claims
- Medical Terminology
- Medical Office Practice
- Pharmacology Coding
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Medical Law & Ethics
- Patient Communications
- Medical Office Computer Skills
- ICD-9, CPT & HCPCS Coding Protocols
- Electronic Data Interchange
- Health Insurance Plans & Coverage
Find Out More
Explore if training to become a Medical Billing and Coding professional is right for you. Fill out the form on this page to receive career and program info or call 1-888-966-8146 to speak with a knowledgeable Admissions Representative.