Prism Career Institute Graduate Achieves Success Thanks to Education

Like most students, Hassan Hart couldn’t wait to finish his classes and get out into the working world.  And like most students, now that he has launched his career, Hart realizes that he should have appreciated his time in school more.

“When I was a student I couldn’t wait for it to be over as I was tired of getting up early, tired of drama in the classroom and tired of being broke,” he said.  “Surprisingly, all the things I was tired of helped me deal with all the pressures and problems I face everyday in the corporate world.  School was a cake walk compared to the corporate world.”

Hart attended the medical assistant program at Prism Career Institute in Upper Darby, Pa. and today is a payment clerk for Tristate MRI.  Before attending Prism, Hart was a part-time home health aide but now is a payment clerk for a $100 million company.

While attending Prism, Hart faced many challenges, but said the staff at the school helped him succeed.

“The entire program as a whole helped me prepare for my current position,” he said. “The staff played the biggest role in my success as they pushed me and would not let me quit.  They believed in me when I did not believe in myself at times.”

In fact, Hart says his instructors provided a significant impact on his time at Prism.

“One instructor was tougher on me than my own family members and loved ones,” he said.  “She is all business and I swear that she has the answer for everything and if she doesn’t know something she has a book with an answer or can put you in the right direction.  But the thing I love most of all about her is that if she says she is going to do something, you better believe she will do it.”

With a passion for learning and helping others, Hart says his education has led to him being able to better help people in his new career.

Outside of work, Hart enjoys spending time with his family, being “blessed with a beautiful son.  All I do is for him.”  He also enjoys working out and is currently training in Muay Thai with dreams of competing in some form of Mixed Martial Arts (MMA).

“Growing up I thought success was measured by the amount of money a person makes – the car you drive, the clothes you wear and having a big house,” he said. “Now I know you can’t measure success by material things and I measure my own success by what I have accomplished in a certain amount of time. For example, around this time last year I was working part-time as a home health aide, looking for a second job and trying to obtain my diploma for medical assistance. Now a year later not only do I have a diploma as a medical assistant but I also have my phlebotomy certification and am working toward gaining a few more certifications offered by Prism. I also have a nice job where I can make some decent money and continue my education.”