COVID-19 Procedures At Our Philadelphia, Cherry Hill, and Egg Harbor Campuses
Prism Career Institute is dedicated to protecting the well-being of our students, employees, and communities. At our campuses in Cherry Hill, New Jersey, Egg Harbor, New Jersey, and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, we’ve implemented procedures and protocols in response to the outbreak of novel coronavirus, COVID-19. These changes are designed to keep our campuses safe and healthy while continuing to provide career-focused training programs to our students.
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, NJ and PA state governments have both mandated that all higher education be conducted remotely. In response, we are temporarily teaching some portions of our classes remotely. It’s important to note that this change only affects the formats of our classes – not the integrity of our curriculum. Though our classes are now being held remotely, all current classes will continue to follow their originally planned schedules.
Our future classes are still set to begin on their designated start dates. We will continue to monitor the situation and local, state, and federal guidelines to keep current and prospective students alike updated. Enrollment information for future terms are available online through Admissions, and students in ongoing classes should contact their instructors directly with any course-specific questions.
Procedures and Policies
To keep essential campus workers and visitors safe and ensure the health of everyone when on-campus classes resume, we’re implementing guidelines in accordance with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). These include the following:
- All students, faculty, and staff are encouraged to stay at home while not on campus.
- Self-isolation and monitoring are required of anyone with recent exposure to COVID-19.
- Disposable or cloth face coverings must be worn properly while on campus.
- Proper handwashing hygiene is encouraged in all students, faculty, and staff.
- Adequate supplies are available on-campus for cleaning and personal hygiene.
- Signs and messages are posted around campus to encourage best health practices.
- Cleaning and disinfection are done on a regular and frequent schedule.
- Shared objects are discouraged to minimize the spread of pathogens.
- Layouts of classrooms and labs are modified to facilitate social distancing.
- Communal spaces are only available for very limited use, and lingering is discouraged.
- Physical barriers are installed where necessary and practical.
Availability of Campus Services
While our NJ and PA campuses will remain open during COVID-19, we encourage all students, visitors, and staff to avoid visiting Prism Career Institute. Most of our essential services are available online and can be accessed remotely from the safety and convenience of your home. In fact, the majority of our staff are working remotely and providing these same dedicated services without interruption. If you must visit any of our campuses, we do expect you to follow the appropriate safety protocols.
Prioritizing Health and Well-Being
Through it all, nothing is more important to us than the health of our employees, our students, their families, and the communities surrounding us. All of the measures we’re taking are designed with this goal in mind, and we will continue to evolve our protocols and procedures as new guidelines from public health officials become available.