Practical Nursing Program In New Jersey & Pennsylvania
If you’re interested in launching a new career in healthcare or need a change of pace from your current position, you’re in the right place. With campuses in Philadelphia, PA, Cherry Hill, NJ, and Egg Harbor Township, NJ, you can train as a Practical Nurse (PN) in as little as 15 months* at Prism Career Institute. Our curriculum delivers the necessary skills and knowledge to excel in the growing field of healthcare for a brighter future.
Joining an In-Demand Field In New Jersey & Pennsylvania
Those with a passion for working in a collaborative environment and providing care to others excel in our PN career training program. Under the direction of physicians, registered nurses (RNs), and other healthcare professionals, PNs care for people who are sick, injured, or disabled. Common LPN responsibilities include:
- Clinical duties, include collecting medical histories, taking vital signs, monitoring catheters, dressing wounds, providing bedside care, administering medications, and more.
- Laboratory duties include assisting with diagnostic testing and phlebotomy, administering vaccinations and other injections, and delivering test results to patients via phone or electronically.
- Personal care duties include assisting patients with bathing, dressing, hygiene, feeding, mobility concerns, and memory loss conditions
- Administrative duties include admitting patients, data entry, billing, providing assistance to patients with insurance paperwork, updating health records, and more.
You will be qualified for many LPN career opportunities in a wide range of healthcare settings after completing one of our PN programs. Common destinations for our graduates include hospitals, medical clinics, doctor offices, outpatient care centers, nursing homes, home healthcare agencies, government agencies, and more. With experience, PNs can advance into supervisory and management positions overseeing nursing aides as well.
Practical Nursing Program Description and Requirements
The Practical Nursing program spans 1,560 clock hours in the dedicated training laboratories on our campuses in PA and NJ. The program can be completed in approximately 63 weeks for day class students or 70 weeks for weekend/evening students. To be considered for admission, you must meet the following practical nursing program requirements:
- Must be 18 years of age or older to attend
- Must hold a high school diploma or high school equivalency certificate from an institution recognized by the United States Department of Education
- Must complete an interview with and be recommended to apply by a Prism Career Institute Admissions Representative
- Must achieve the following score on an entrance exam:
- NJ campuses: Minimum score of 42
- Philadelphia campus: Minimum score of 45 AND minimum score in each category — Reading: 46; Math: 43; Science: 30; English: 37
Upon completion of Prism nursing school, graduates may be eligible to apply to the PA or NJ State Board of Nursing to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Practical Nursing (NCLEX-PN).
Why Prism Career Institute?
Prism Career Institute is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET) at all three of our locations in Philadelphia, PA, Cherry Hill, NJ, and Egg Harbor Township, NJ. Our practical nursing program in Philadelphia has been designated with the Provisional status by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing, while our practical nursing programs have been certified by the New Jersey Board of Nursing.
We also offer financial aid services to qualifying students and help them secure grants, loans, and other types of assistance. Please see our Gainful Employment Disclosures for important information about the educational debt, earnings, and completion rates of students who attended our practical nursing programs:
To further explore whether our practical nursing programs are right for you, take our online Prism Healthcare Career Readiness Quiz to identify your strengths, social style, and the training and positions that best suit you. For more information, contact an Admissions Representative at 888-966-8146. Ready to get started? Apply online today.
*Program length when completed in normal time.